Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Trying to Catch Up... and no not Ketchup


I'm getting a late start on this little story of mine as I've used the first couple of months of getting to know the area. One thing I learned very quickly is that in The Netherlands there are many food groups, not just four. There's meat, dairy, grains, fruits and vegatables, deserts and French fries. Yes, French fries could be their own course of a meal. They serve French fries with everything! When reading about coming to Holland, my daughter and I were laughing because one book described with delight the French fries served with globs of mayonaise. We thought, who would eat French fries with mayonaise. So when we came over to find a house we decided to carefully try.Well, it's wonderful!!! But after a while, an American girl has just got to have some ketchup to go with those fries. And yes, that's possible for .50c a pack. Are you kidding me?!

1 comment:

  1. I'm definitely going to start following your blog! I love reading about your adventures. There's a lot of fun in them.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Stolen Childhood Holocaust Survivor ~ Maurits Louis Witsema (de Wit)

Stolen Childhood Holocaust Survivor ~ Maurits Louis Witsema (de Wit) As a little girl growing up in Michigan, I loved to play outside...