Friday, December 11, 2015

My Little Dutch ABC Book ~ O


My Little Dutch ABC Book

O



Oudejaarsavond ~ Old Year’s Evening



With the approaching Holiday season upon us and our calendars about the turn to a page I thought I’d share a story I wrote the first time I discovered the meaning of the letter O word for the day. Here in The Netherlands, instead of celebrating New Year’s Eve.. the Dutch celebrate Old Year’s Evening.



I wrote this first one December 31, 2011


This story I wrote January 1, 2015. As I reread this story about Oudejaarsavond celebrated here in The Netherlands, I’m reminded of what some think of the insanity of Americans and their love for guns. I guess having a love for fireworks is not too far off. We all have our ways and a few adjustments to both, people might be a tad safer.




This is how my friends and I like to celebrate in America. We usually check into a hotel with our best friends so that no one has to drive after drinking and then we have dinner and dance the night away. So much fun!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Stolen Childhood Holocaust Survivor ~ Maurits Louis Witsema (de Wit)

Stolen Childhood Holocaust Survivor ~ Maurits Louis Witsema (de Wit) As a little girl growing up in Michigan, I loved to play outside...