Monday, December 12, 2011

Memories of Travel

As I get ready to return to the States for the Holidays, my mind is a blur of list of things I want to take back and things I need to bring back here... Tylenol for one! My heart is leaping for joy with the antisipation of seeing my children all under the same roof for Christmas. It's a new home to our family, but one I know we will enjoy. I was thinking about traveling and how life has taken a very different change for me, when I began to think of some of my favorite travels.

Mackinac Island, Michigan

A life time of memories have been made taking trips with the most important people in my life, my friends and family. The wonderful thing about memories is that they are yours and can never be taken away. Places I will always cherrish... Disney World, many other places in Florida, Jamacia, Puerto Rico, San Fancisco, Vegas Baby, Washington DC, San Diego, Yellow Stone, The Grand Canyon, Hawaii, many states traveling back and forth to each of these... and of course my beloved Michigan. Plymouth, Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes, Traverse City, Leland, Mackinac Island, and my favorite...



Little Bear Lake
Three tiny rooms in the middle of the Northern Michigan woods, over looking a beautiful calm lake. No hot water, but plenty of fresh air and the smell of pine trees. To me... this is Heaven




As this chapter of my life has passed it's been fun making  new memories....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Stolen Childhood Holocaust Survivor ~ Maurits Louis Witsema (de Wit)

Stolen Childhood Holocaust Survivor ~ Maurits Louis Witsema (de Wit) As a little girl growing up in Michigan, I loved to play outside...