Sunday, March 1, 2015

My Little Dutch ABC Book ~ A


My Little Dutch ABC Book


A




Aardappel ~ Potato This is a great word to know as you will see and use it often. My most favorite part about the aardappels in The Netherlands is that apparently the people listened when Vincent van Gogh painted his famous paintings


The Potato Eaters in 1885

 and his painting 

The Potato Peeler 1885

  These painting were part of his famous series of Peasant Character Studies. When Vincent said peel and eat potatoes… the people of The Netherlands did… and so I have not had to peel any potatoes while I have lived here. 

I love it! They come in a variety of shapes 


Boiled


and sizes 

Mashed

and delicious dishes ready to be heated and served. 


Au gratin


But what ever you do... don't forget the frietjes and mayo!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Stolen Childhood Holocaust Survivor ~ Maurits Louis Witsema (de Wit)

Stolen Childhood Holocaust Survivor ~ Maurits Louis Witsema (de Wit) As a little girl growing up in Michigan, I loved to play outside...