Friday, January 2, 2015

Starry Starry Night ~ My love for Vincent

Starry Starry Night
My love for Vincent

'Starry Night' by Vincent van Gogh (1889)


When I first arrived in The Netherlands, I discovered that Vincent VanGogh had spent quite a bit of time in the Noord Brabandt area from 1883-1885. He lived in Nuenen, which is only about 15 minutes from my home. I love when visitors come to see me. This is usually one of our first stops. A little trip to Nueunen to the Vincentre. His painting are not there but the museum does a wonderful job of telling his life story. It's a short little display and you can get ear pieces in different languages. There is also a very nice little shop to buy a little souvenir for a friend or a gift for yourself. 


Some of my favorite moments have been listening to stories about this man and the way he discovered himself in his paintings. He was a very confused little soul but what a gift he left for the rest of the world. Thank you Dear Vincent. 

Now in Nuenen is a new fietspad that lights up at night. Designer Dann Roosegaarde vision of Van Gogh's Starry Night's painting is now lighting up the Dutch heart's and soul's. 

Follow along and listen to the night... the Starry Starry Night

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Stolen Childhood Holocaust Survivor ~ Maurits Louis Witsema (de Wit)

Stolen Childhood Holocaust Survivor ~ Maurits Louis Witsema (de Wit) As a little girl growing up in Michigan, I loved to play outside...